Saturday 25 August 2012

INTO MY MIND

A past lived and suffered
A present to cope with it,
A future to build upon the ruins.

Time played a nasty card,
Took the dreams and innocence away,
Shocked the mind and forced a hand.

Lived a nightmare,
Dragged a living corpse around,
Without the dream there was nothing.

Buried the past,
Mentally drained and physically exhausted,
But locked the monster away.

Lived a life of chase,
Playing hide and seek with my own mind,
Afraid the monster would get out...would get me.

Its been years since i thought about it,
Felt the fear and burden,
Though it lurks in the shadows all the time.

I need to cleanse my past though i dont know how,
It bears down on me today,
More than i can handle.

I regret it today more than ever,
Makes me sick and brings me down to my knees,
The monster is out and it's trying to get me again.

1 comment: